Alright,
My nick name is rodge and i will be updating the blog from time to time to help people achieve there goals in there sport training and hopefully in life,
I am writing this l article just so you know a little bit about the man that is going to be writing a few articles for you in your journey through better health and fitness. So then where do I start from well if you must know I jumped out of my mothers womb with a pair of boxing gloves on and a lump of steak in my mouth ha-ha I wish ,
na when I walked into a boxing club as a young gun I didn’t no what I wanted to do with my dumb self, I just know I wont have any regrets because we are forever learning from our mistakes and if we don’t make mistakes we will never learn, I left high school at seventeen and started out as an apprentice carpenter, I started boxing when I was ten and left when I was thirteen this dumb young lad didn’t know what he wanted, sure i will start smoking and drinking because im hard
,I went back boxing when I was seventeen and got a bad whacking,i was stopped in the second round if you must no so that was the smoking kicked out the window but i havnt looked back i love the sport I owe it so much its changed my life,I had done my apprentice for peanuts, I had done four years and had been treated like crap and a piece of dirt in that time so I decided at twenty one I wanted to be self employed, it was great at the start but what a big mistake it was in the end but I learned so no regrets, I started to do small work for a northern guy I don’t want to say any names just yet i will when i go to the top, this guy payed me loads of cash at the start and promised me riches, if a person had of coming up to me at yhe time were i was getting loads of money and said that in two years from now you are gona have very little money but be happier than you have ever being in your whole life i would of laughed but it is the truth, I started with 5 workers then ten workers ended up with thirty workers, the time came where I cudnt handle the stress at twenty four, the way things were going was the more workers I was getting the less money there was coming in so the well was drying up very quickly, one thing I have that stands to me that no one can take away even the bad mouths who put people down to make them selves feel better, is in November 2007 I went away on a multi nations tournament in denmark and kept all my problems to myself I went away with a thirty thousand over draft in the bank not even my own mother knew and i had thirty guys still working f
or me back home in Ireland, I put my problems to the back of my mind and won gold, I beat an English guy in the finals twenty points to four, I came home and knew it was time to get out of the disaster I had got myself into so I had to let every worker go in the middle of a big job we were working on and to make it worse It was two weeks before Christmas I never felt so bad, even when I wasn’t getting paid I maid sure my workers were, during my time coming to the end of my self employment I decided to take up a personal training evening course and if I must say I didn’t learn a whole lot in the course. The information was outdated and provided simple blanket recommendations that didnt account for each individual persons needs. I am one of them people that if i followed the blanket recommendations i would be a mess! You will find out more about that in future articles.
I am writing this l article just so you know a little bit about the man that is going to be writing a few articles for you in your journey through better health and fitness. So then where do I start from well if you must know I jumped out of my mothers womb with a pair of boxing gloves on and a lump of steak in my mouth ha-ha I wish ,
na when I walked into a boxing club as a young gun I didn’t no what I wanted to do with my dumb self, I just know I wont have any regrets because we are forever learning from our mistakes and if we don’t make mistakes we will never learn, I left high school at seventeen and started out as an apprentice carpenter, I started boxing when I was ten and left when I was thirteen this dumb young lad didn’t know what he wanted, sure i will start smoking and drinking because im hard
,I went back boxing when I was seventeen and got a bad whacking,i was stopped in the second round if you must no so that was the smoking kicked out the window but i havnt looked back i love the sport I owe it so much its changed my life,I had done my apprentice for peanuts, I had done four years and had been treated like crap and a piece of dirt in that time so I decided at twenty one I wanted to be self employed, it was great at the start but what a big mistake it was in the end but I learned so no regrets, I started to do small work for a northern guy I don’t want to say any names just yet i will when i go to the top, this guy payed me loads of cash at the start and promised me riches, if a person had of coming up to me at yhe time were i was getting loads of money and said that in two years from now you are gona have very little money but be happier than you have ever being in your whole life i would of laughed but it is the truth, I started with 5 workers then ten workers ended up with thirty workers, the time came where I cudnt handle the stress at twenty four, the way things were going was the more workers I was getting the less money there was coming in so the well was drying up very quickly, one thing I have that stands to me that no one can take away even the bad mouths who put people down to make them selves feel better, is in November 2007 I went away on a multi nations tournament in denmark and kept all my problems to myself I went away with a thirty thousand over draft in the bank not even my own mother knew and i had thirty guys still working f
or me back home in Ireland, I put my problems to the back of my mind and won gold, I beat an English guy in the finals twenty points to four, I came home and knew it was time to get out of the disaster I had got myself into so I had to let every worker go in the middle of a big job we were working on and to make it worse It was two weeks before Christmas I never felt so bad, even when I wasn’t getting paid I maid sure my workers were, during my time coming to the end of my self employment I decided to take up a personal training evening course and if I must say I didn’t learn a whole lot in the course. The information was outdated and provided simple blanket recommendations that didnt account for each individual persons needs. I am one of them people that if i followed the blanket recommendations i would be a mess! You will find out more about that in future articles.
My great friend and strength and conditioning coach and nutritionist Brian kavanagh thought me the best part of what i know. Its amazing what you can learn when you are interested. I knew him for 2 years and never listened. I thought i knew it all!. . . Back to my life, so yeah I had to finish up and I am now in the middle of a court battle to the same guy and if I don’t get what i am owed at least I learnt and I still have my health which is the best wealth you can have at the end of the day, a little about my family backround my mother is my heart and soul she is a mountain there is no one like her in my life, my father; what about him I’ll just say that’s one
man I pray I will never be like and at a time when my brother had cancer and our father never has the courage or decency to show his face I think that says it all, thank god my brother is in good health now, he is following the lifestyle (diet) and training me and bryan have giving him, and no word of a lie he went to the doctor not so long ago for a check up and the doctor said he was healthier than ever so i was absolutely chuffed, so there it is a little bit about myself, my articles are gona be about nutrition supplements and things I hope you find interesting to take on your journey through life cause at the end of the day we only get one shot at it, from going from 15% bodyfat to five percent body fat without eating rabbit food and traininig for fifteen hours a week has never felt so good.
In 2004 i cudnt make the 69kg division and weighed in at 71kg so we didnt enter, you will here me say we a lot instead of me because i could not have done none of this without my team behind me there is no I, fast forward 4 years and i am after winning the nationals at 64kgs and plan on boxing at 60kgs next year so i must be doing something rite, im rambling sorry that’s for another article, the man I am at the moment;
I was living in las vegas training with wayne mcullaghand floyd maywethers father
I plan on doing a whole lot more so there you have it there is just a little bit about the man who is going to be writing a few of your articles in the future, thank you very much for reading
Yours in health and fitness
Robert Gorman CPT
Robert Gorman CPT
.jpg)



2 comments:
Read your blog and some of it is grand but your being way to general when it comes to food types. To say that people on hgih carb diets will lose 8 times less fat than people on high fat, protein is nonsense. Its all about what types of carbs you are eating and what kind of traing you are doing. If you are doing alot of high intensity traing couple with some interval traing you can deplete your glycogen stores and burn alot of fat. not saying your not talking some sence but you need to be way more specific about these things.
ahhh balls man i have followed your diet and its bang on so who ever wrote the 1st comment i will see you in the ring, get ready to be counted out lol :-0
Post a Comment